Sunday 13 June 2010

2010-06-13 For you ( gogyohka and haiku )



***

for each year of your life
I left pebbles I'd painted
of all your favourite things.
I watched delighted adults and children find them
all around Red Rocks

***

I stand on Red Rocks
and gaze out to sea
and I remember

***

as waves kissed our feet
you gave me stone with red heart
your last gift to me

***


***
garden of your heart
so many happy hours
spent there together

***

memories of you
and all our time together
will never leave me

***


***
tracing my finger

along the route we'd taken
then folded the map

***


***

realising now
your words mean so much to me
center of my life

***

you and I one day
walked for miles along the shore
our footprints long gone

***


***

solitary I walk
your essence walks besides me
surrounds me with love

***

your seas calm, gentle
my seas rolling, white horses
frothing and foaming.

***


***

your presence was here
but when I turn you are gone
breeze from door closing

***


***

my hand gently traces
your photo as I paint your
portrait on canvas

***



***
enchanter you were
bewitching me in your spell
I am forever yours

***


***

I watched you sleeping
dawn lit up the sky, your eyes
opened so slowly

***



***
who is it that sits
on my bed when I'm asleep
then leaves when I wake?

***


***

still
dark green
rock pools
your soul
within

***


***

the island shrouded by mist
I go out with receding tide
as I get there
the sun breaks out
you are standing by my side

***



***

on
the
island
between tides
we cloudwatched

***

you
said
I
was
perfect

***


after
high winds
we collected
driftwood
off the beach

***


***

your
valentine
cards
my
bookmarks

***

dark green
bluebell woods
you sat on a bench
I photographed
you


***


***

in white velvet pouch
the rainbow crystal earings
waiting to be worn

***

cream silk dress you bought
that made me a princess
but you fell asleep
forever
before I wore it for you

***

3 comments:

  1. Very nice...sad and applicable to my life in many ways. I like the peace in your words. They carry a calm confidence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny , a telling so magical & rendered in so lovely and sweet a manner here ~ your own wee book of love songs ~ please do something more with this i beg you than bury it amongst our ahhh!s in this blog ~ sincerely your friend Abby

    ReplyDelete
  3. "cream silk dress"; a wonder-full poem. Thank you.....old pajamas

    ReplyDelete