Thursday 27 May 2010

2010-05-27 Frog post! Haiku and gogyohka


***

Here are photos of some of the frogs in my garden together with some haiku and gogyohka.


***

I wait patiently,
in mid-leap frog caught by dog
camera goes plop

***

extract frog gently
and carefully from dog's mouth
frog leaps in pool...plop

***


(tadpoles sunbathing - lighter coloured tadpole on far right is just growing legs)

***

big frog very proud
hundreds of sons, all alike
new mama frog tired

***


(tadpoles sunbathing - tadpole on left is growing four legs)

***

wriggling and squirming
tadpoles enjoy the sunshine
then they dart below

***


***


(this tadpole/young frog now has four definite legs and they don't congregate in groups now)

***


***

living dangerously
slug finds grass greener
other side of fence

***


***

a frog sitting
perfectly still
waiting for fly

***


***


***

feet slide down sheets
and touch...I whip back top sheet
a frog looks at me balefully
dog looks innocent
cats make themselves scarce

***


***


***
half-asleep
I see dustball leaping
along bedroom floor
I get my glasses
catch dustball...a frog inside

***


***


***

patiently sitting
not a movement all day long
until dog sniffs frog


***


***


***

shadows lengthening
pond as black as night
a dark frog waiting

***


***


***

princess looked at pond,
screwed up her face, "Frog Prince, find
a dry home for me"

***


***


***

frog jumps in old pond
on top of the green duckweed
no splash can be heard

***


***


***

the splash of old frog
leaping into dark water
ripples reach the moss

***


***


***
sweet fragrant lilac
blossoms falling on frog pond
irresistible

***


***

1 comment:

  1. Jenny, here i sit (my poor cats both looking a wee bit overly concerned) as i chuckle away through your photographic & poetic rendering of pond life ~ lots'a FUN ~ my friend ~ can't believe you actually share your bed with frogs ~ ohmigosh!

    ReplyDelete